Canmark has measures in place to protect individual respondent's privacy and will act on instructions regarding the respondent's personal information when the request is being made by the client who has contracted Canmark to collect the data through survey research.
Canmark is committed to ensuring that an individual respondent's privacy is protected. Should Canmark ask a respondent to provide certain information by which the respondent can be identified when using a survey website or a paper based survey, that information will only be used in accordance with this or the client's privacy statement.
Canmark may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last revised June 25, 2010.
What we collect
We may collect the following respondent's information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postal code, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Depending on the survey, individual responses may not be linked to personal identifying information since the client may keep that information separate from the information Canmark has collected. Personal identifying information will never be sold to anyone. Respondents are free to choose whether or not to participate in a survey, free to choose not to answer any specific questions and free to discontinue participation at any time.
What we do with the information we gather
When Canmark collects this information it is typically for the purpose of maintaining the client's internal database.
- Internal record keeping.
- Client may use the information to improve their products and services.
- Client may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which the respondent may find interesting using the email address which the respondent has provided.
In addition, personal information may be collected in order to contact winners of a contest when that is part of a survey.
Canmark is committed to ensuring that respondent information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All Canmark employees have signed an agreement to maintain confidentiality of client information.
Links to other websites
A Canmark maintained survey web site may provide links to other sites not owned or operated by Canmark. We have no authority or control over these third-party sites, and we assume no responsibility for their privacy practices.
Like many Web sites, we use "cookie" technology to improve your experience on our site. A cookie is a small text file that is saved on your computer to store your preferences or help "remember" information you previously gave us. This allows us to customize the Site for you. Cookies themselves do not identify you personally, but may be linked to personal information that you provide to us through your interaction at our Web site. You may set your browser not to accept cookies, but if you do so, certain areas of our site may not function on your computer.
Controlling personal information
A respondent may choose to restrict the collection or use of his/her personal information in the following ways:
- whenever asked to fill in a client's form on a Canmark maintained website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed for a client to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing the client.
Canmark does not sell, distribute or lease respondent's personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
If you have any concerns about how privacy is protected at Canmark, please contact our Privacy Officer by e-mail at email@example.com
or by mail to:
Canmark Technologies Ltd.
75 The Donway West